Friday, April 28, 2006
Second Session - Sixth meeting of the first CASW group
- Examination of student work.
- Student was now seeing a clinical psycologist for behavior problems.
- Focus on following instructions and presentation of work.
- Laying down acceptable behavior by both parents and teachers.
- Parents to meet counsellor to understand the problem of the child.
- See that the child got professional help.
As per the suggested strategies, the counsellor and teachers had a meeting with the parents and they were given suggestions on how to handle the child's temper tantrums. Also, the child has now been seeing a counsellor on a regular basis and Ms Christina has also been meeting with the counsellor on getting tips on handling the temper outbursts and also on creating a non-threatening environment for the child and his peers.
Ms Christina seems to be satisfied with the said strategies and promised to continue the same in the following academic year also to get the desired results.